UdiCLIMATE System is a universal supplementary product for the interior insulation of roofs, walls and ceilings. The distinctive feature of this system is that it combines the use of numerous, almost stationary, columns of air. Through the use of special climate chambers arranged in a honeycomb form, in combination with specially selected wood-fibre insulation boards, the stationary columns of air are enclosed within the insulation system.
This combination provides a further stabilisation for an optimal room climate, dedicated transport of the air moisture, improved acoustic and thermal insulation values and an increased heat shield in the summer. The special climate chamber structure in combination with the wood-fibre insulation boards ensures a very high flexural strength for the application of loads without any warping of the external surface. Additional load bearing battens are not required.
- enables the subsequent interior insulation of walls, ceilings and roof areas and even roof-slopes in living areas
- suitable for subsequent roof/loft installations, bridging of rafters without the need for additional battens
- additional acoustic insulation measures for walls, ceilings and roofs
- cladding of stud walls (metal or wood)
- bridging of cracks in walls, ceilings and roof constructions
- above average flexural strength
- excellent acoustic and thermal insulation values
- climate stabilising – prevents the radiation of the cold
- no mould development
- simple and easy one man installation using standard wood-working tools
- saves work as additional roof battens are not required
- tongue and groove joints on all edges, no warping
- suitable for direct plaster coatings or wallpaper
For best results when cutting the insulation boards use easily-purchasable tools such as a jigsaw,an electrical hand-operated circular saw or a crosscut saw.
After affixing and securing the boards with UdiCLIMATE Screws, the insulation boards can immediately be reinforced with strengthening mesh or plastered. Recommended screw quantity: ca. 6 - 9 Pcs/ m².
Both UdiFOUNDATION COAT and UdiMULTIGRUND may be used as a reinforcing base coat.
If a vapour retardant sheeting such as UdiSTEAM 10 plus, with its adaptable SD-value properties, is installed beneath the insulation boards, UdiFOUNDATION COAT should be used as the surface coating together with UdiREINFORCEMENT Strengthening Mesh. If vapour retardant sheeting is not used, through choice or due to technical reasons, the mineral render UdiMULTIGRUND should be used as the surface coating together with UdiREINFORCEMENT Strengthening Mesh. This functions as an intelligent vapour retarder to limit the build-up of increased condensation levels in the construction.
After the chosen base coat is dry, any readily available material such as paints or wallpapers can be applied. The products from the UdiLIVE Interior Coating System range are recommended.